RION Cycle Satiator "SMART CHARGER"
PAIR IT WITH
- The Cycle Satiator is not limited to charging a specific battery type. Instead this one charger model can be configured for virtually any lithium, nickle metal hydride, or lead acid battery pack. Our standard 48V 8A model will charge packs with up to a 63V max charge voltage (15s for lithium), while the 72V 5A model will work all the way to to 103V max (24s lithium).
- A large and bright OLED display screen shows all your realtime charging statistics; you can see the total amp-hours and voltage along with a clear graphic indicating the approximate charge in the pack.
Impressive Power Density
- At almost 0.5 watts / cm3, the Cycle Satiator packs 2-3 times more power per volume than most other chargers available. This translates into big league charging currents in a portable size device.
Fan Free Efficiency
- The power electronics were carefully designed to reach 95% efficiency at full load, eliminating the need for a fan to get rid of waste heat and keep things cool. no more buzzing fan noise and no risk of charger meltdowns if the fan fails.
Sealed and Watertight
- A gasketted enclosure and connector design strategy keeps the charger electronics protected in the face of rain, road spray, dust storms etc.
Compact and Narrow Size
- The charger is less than 5cm high and 8cm wide, allowing it to fit easily in a saddle bag, under the rear rack, inside a frame triangle, or screwed to a chassis.
Power Factor Corrected
- AC input runs from 100-240v, allowing for worldwide operation without any voltage selection switch, and features a 0.99 power factor which will please your utility grid too.
- The rugged, compact, and fan-free design allows the charger to be permanently mounted on the vehicle without risk of premature failure from vibration or exposure.
Seriously Fast Charging
- With a 360 watt power output, the satiator can charge your batteries in half the time of typical 4amp ‘fast’ chargers. It delivers up to 8 amps with 24 and 36v packs, and 7 amps with 48v packs.
One Charger For All
- No need for a different charger for each battery type, the satiator can be programmed to work correctly with almost any packs on hand. select from one of our common preloaded profiles or make your own custom charge profiles.
- Have anywhere from one to dozens of preconfigured charging profiles active, enabling you to readily switch between output modes with just a quick button press.
SATIATE FOR ENHANCED CYCLE LIFE
- Most lithium batteries are capable of vastly improved cycle life if they are not fully charged to saturation all the time, but at the expense of reduced range.
- With the cycle satiator, you can program your primary profile to give an 80% charge, and have a secondary profile that does a 100% charge when you need full range. Then have the best of both worlds, a battery that lasts thousands of cycles but still goes the distance when you need it. For more details, read here.
- The firmware can be upgraded in the field, and along with the flexible custom profiles this means your cycle satiator is ready for whatever batteries the future has in store.
Designed in Canada
- The engineering and design team behind the satiator are avid ebike users with years of experience in electric vehicle technology. This product is the charger they always wished they had, and we hope you feel the same way too.
For OEM and Businesses
- In addition to electric bike enthusiasts, this charger is of great value to ebike businesses that need to manage a range of battery packs, and for oems wanting to distinguish their vehicle with a rugged and modern full featured charger.
- This device is CSA, UL, and CE listed, meaning it has passed rigorous safety and reliability tests, and can be legally resold in most jurisdictions.
- Input Range: 100-240VAC 50-60hz
- Output Range 4808: 12-63V, 0-8A, 0-360 W
- Output Range 7205: 20-103V, 0-5A, 0-360 W
- Operating Efficiency: 95% @ 230v, 94% @ 120v
- Power Factor: > 99%
- No Load AC Power: < 1 watt
- Output Leakage: < 100uA
- Mechanical Dimensions 237 x 78 x 48 mm
- Mounting Holes 5mm flange slots 220mm apart
- Weight 1.06 kg (1.33 kg with ac-dc cords)
- Chassis Material Diecast Aluminum
- Dual tactile push buttons for field setup
- 128x64 OLED graphical display for charge / profile info
- LIN bus on signal pin for pc communication and firmware updates (requires custom cable)
- Safety: ul 1012, csa c22.2 no. 107.2, ce / iec 60335-1/2-29
- Emissions: FCC part 15 b, en55014, en 61000-3-2, en 61000-3-3
- Immunity: en 61000-4-2/-3/-4/-5/-6/-11